Saturday, June 30, 2007

Fire Trucks!





This morning I had a first. It was the first time ever (that I can remember) that I woke up on Saturday morning and went to the gym. It is nice to have someone to go with because it really does help motivate you to go. I told Ashli I would go so I didn't want to back out. I did 40 minutes of cardio then we packed up the kids and went to the Library because they were having a firetruck special. One of Hilliard's firetrucks were there, along with 4 firemen. They got dressed up in their gear (to show kids not to be afraid of them in their uniforms) and then one of the guys read some books about firefighters. It was cute. Afterwards, the kids got to run around and touch things on the truck, walk through it, etc. Ashli took some pics which I downloaded from her since my camera is still not working.

Then we made a quick trip to Target for come tankinis for mommy - to cover her yucky belly while still looking cute. And back home for a nice long nap for Evie, quiet time in his room for Gavin, and 2 hours of writing emails, paying bills, etc for mommy. Patrick is still hard at work on the deck - and it looks great! Some guy stopped at our house the other day and asked Patrick if he gave estimates....thinking he was a professional contractor! He was so thrilled! The biggest compliment he could've gotten! I try to tell him as often as possible how great it looks - but I think he thinks I am saying it out of obligation. But it really does look great!

Oh...and the party last night for the new intern class and their spouses was a huge success. We had 20 people sign up for our group. Ok - 12 women signed up and 8 men signed up for a golf/beer drinking group. But either way it was great. Nancy and Weslea had made these cute favors to hand out which helped so much while Cara and I met with everyone. Ashli and Cara's sister-in-law played with the kids at the party, letting them "fish" and drawing on tattoos. It was a very nice time!

No comments: