Monday, July 2, 2007
What a great weekend!
So this weekend was absolutely gorgeous weatherwise! High 70s - Low 80s and sunny with a light breeze. Just the perfect summer weekend. Patrick was stressed about starting at Children's today so I feel he missed out in enjoying the beautiful-ness of it. Luckily, his friend Glen recommended a great movie that got Patrick back to enjoying the moment. Living in the present. Appreciating the ordinary - and realizing that nothing is ordinary...every event is extraordinary. So some people may have had a boring, ordinary weekend...but we sat down last night and realized ours was extraordinary. Here are some of the extraordinary events that happened:
- The lights Patrick hooked up to the stairs on the deck finally worked.
- Our kids played together in a hammock.
- I pushed both kids on the swing while they squealed in delight.
- We went on a date Saturday night while neighbors stayed at our house and watched the kids.
- We went to our normal breakfast place on Sunday.
- We went as a family to fountain park and got to watch Gavin play like a big kid.
- Patrick got sunburn on his back from working too much without a shirt on!
- Our kids were asleep by 7:30 on Sunday so we could watch a movie together and reconnect.
I am posting some pictures I had (from our camera phone). Hope you enjoy!