Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day of thanks #8


Today I am thankful for my mom. There are a million reasons why everyone should be thankful for their mom....heck - there are a million reason why everyone should be thankful for MY mom. Tishymom is a legend among many of my friends and my sisters' friends. She is open and caring and kind. She is someone who dreams great dreams for you, but then she lets you chase the dreams you have for yourself and loves you just the same. She is there to pick you up when you fall, hold you up until you can stand on your own again, and cheer you on when you are on your way. She is someone, who when she sees a pie with only three slices left, will say she never like pie anyway - so my sisters and I could each get a piece. She always makes us feel loved.

It wasn't until I had children of my own did I fully appreciate my mother. I remember looking at my children, love bursting at the seams, and finally understanding how my mother could love so much. She is an amazing Grandmother. She is an amazing friend. She is an amazing human being.

I hate being so far away from her right now - and I truly an thankful that we are as close (relationship speaking) as we are. I have always had a close bond to her and I hope I have many many many more decades to grow with her.

3 comments:

WineLover said...

so sweet...bet you made her cry! :)

Ashli said...

Well you made ME cry!

Mary said...

So very sweet Kelly!