Monday, November 8, 2010

thanksgiving Countdown #8...

Today I am thankful for my secret cleaning ladies! Seriously, they make my life so much less stressful. I know I am a stay-at-home-mom and should be able to clean my house anytime, all the time. But I don't. And I don't want to. I am not very good at it, and it makes me anxious. Yet, I always feel so much better when the house is clean. And Patrick LLLLLurves a clean house (typical Type A surgeon).

Patrick 'know's about these secret ladies, yet we choose not to discuss it because he hates paying someone for something that we could easily do. But when he saw how much happier we both are - I think he decided to turn a blind eye to it. Plus, I hate having him clean all the time when he is home because I want to spend quality time with him - not watch him scrub the shower.

And when I know they are coming, I clean too. As to not waste their time...I will start the laundry, do the dishes, put away clutter, pick up toys, etc...so technically I am cleaning too! (at least that is what I tell myself).

But it is such a joy to be able to go grocery shopping and come home to a miraculously clean house! I can type on my blog and the toilets are getting scrubbed. I can make dozens and dozens of cookies (before she does the kitchen of course) for the Base's Dorm Storm (where we take cookies to all the airmen in the dorms over the holidays) while the carpets are being vacuumed and the floors are steamed. I can totally relax knowing I have a few moments where the house is perfect - before the kids get home and crap it all up again. But I know deep down, the germs are gone, stains are cleaned, bed linens are fresh, dust is removed and floors are glistening.

And for that, I am truly thankful :-)

2 comments:

The Christensens said...

7 months and I am IN!!!!

Mary said...

Hmmm, that does sound awfully nice. I may have to give this subject more thought!