Sunday, January 31, 2010

Friends forever


Patrick and I have been talking more and more about Japan and have been asking the kids what they thought about moving there. The first thing Gavin asked was "Will I meet new friends"? So we said "Of course, you will meet new friends throughout your whole life, no matter where you are. Meeting new friends is very special, but it is also very special to have friends that you have known forever. Like Aunt Eileen and Uncle Matt have been mommy's friends forever. And Uncle Tony has been daddy's friend forever."

After much thought, Gavin later told us, "Ok. My friends forever are going to be Kelly and McKenna, Nathan and Carter, Brenna and Ava, Greg, Seth, Hannah, Big Boy Sam, Silas and Hailey." Breaks my little heart, but also makes me feel warm inside that he has such good friends...

3 comments:

the4bulls said...

He also added "And all my other friends at school and in playgroup. And in swimming and karate. And Josh."

Ashli said...

So sweet! Nathan will miss his 'cousin' when we move, but at least they will have skype and other great new technologies to keep in touch! I almost cried the other day when I realized that Nathan met Gavin when Gavin was Abbie's age. They have really never known life without each other!

Mary said...

You have been making me so freakin' sad lately!