Friday, April 4, 2008

For the best man I ever knew



I am really missing Patrick these days. I guess I've never been the one staying here while he leaves - it's always been me leaving for fun places like Myrtle Beach or Philly. So I have been a little more sappy lately. I saw this somewhere today and totally thought of my Babe... I love the title especially.


The Best Man I Ever Knew

When we married, I saw you as perfect,
The ideal husband and more;
I thought I knew all about you,
All the things to love and adore.

But when you became a father,
I saw new qualities to treasure.
You enrich all our lives in fresh ways;
As a dad, you bring so much pleasure.

Our children are forever blessed
To have a father like you,
And I love you more than ever,
You’re the best man I ever knew.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Such a sweet poem. I'm sure the kids miss him terribly and bet you can't wait to see him.