Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 6 of thankfulness

Today I am thankful for having friends in the medical field. Not that we expect any extra attention, or super powers....but it is nice to be able to talk to people on a real level, text them anytime with questions or concerns, send an xray to them from 8000 miles away, etc. We all know how scary any medical procedure can be, so I am thankful when friends can put you at ease. Today, for example, Patrick had his wisdom teeth pulled. Our good friend Kyle was the surgeon to do it. I picked Patrick up and took him home - but realized I had a bazillion questions to ask him. So I grabbed my iphone and started texting so I could get some quick answers :-) Fortunately, he was able to text back right away and spell out everything I needed to know. Unfortunately, Patrick (and most doctors) are the worst patients, but I was able to get him to eat something, take his meds and go to sleep!!! This has happened on many occasions (I owe my pediatrician friend Anita a million dollars with the amount of phone calls about my children)...So thank you to all our physician and dental friends out there who have helped us in one way or another!!!

No comments: