Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day of thanks #5




Today I am super grateful for activities on our base. There are always a ton of options to do on base - some weekly, like Make your Own pizza night every friday night - or some are annual, like the Oktoberfest celebration that was held today. Even though it was quite hectic (and I had to do it all without Patrick here)...I took the kids to football/cheerleading games, ballet practice and then to the Oktoberfest...all before noon! I love that they have special (free) events that make you feel valued and appreciated. There were a ton of games and activities for the kids, free food, Yokota Idol finals, live band...all within a 2 minute walk of my house! I love that the base truly makes an effort to give people a reason to get together and be crazy!!!!

No comments: