Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Countdown...

In no particular order, I plan on writing about 1 thing I am thankful for per day (besides the obvious...family, love, health, happiness).

Today I am thankful for zoos. I was totally spoiled living in Columbus (aka the #1 zoo in America) and experiencing all that it had to offer (ZooKids, WildLights, Jungle Jack, etc). But I am also thankful for the tiny zoos too. Claws-n-Paws in the Poconos, Elmwood Park zoo in PA, and the Hamura Zoo in Japan! These littler zoos still have tons to see, are usually shaded and way less crowded. They also offer some unique experiences, such as getting to hold these cute little guys or see giraffes this close up!!!




3 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, that looks awesome!
I'm looking forward to your thankful posts!

Nick and Libby said...

The zoo is SUPER fun!

Unknown said...

Greetings from Elmwood Park Zoo! Thanks for your shout out. We love little zoos, too. We hope you can come back for another visit soon.
Best regards from your friends at the Elmwood Park Zoo.