Friday, November 5, 2010

thanksgiving Countdown #4...

Today is your lucky day. I am writing about TWO things I am thankful for! Although they fall under the same general category of technology. Today I am thankful for Hulu and Skype.

Being so far away from home is difficult sometimes, even lonely. But with these two amazing products, I can stay in touch with loved ones and loved shows. Even though I have to wait a day, I can keep up to date with my fave shows. On my queue every week is How I met Your Mother, Modern Family, Cougar Town, the Office, Community, Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. Glee is also a show I watch weekly - but I will get to that in a minute. I also like catching SNL and some other funny shows if I have time. But Hulu really has made life a little better here (it's sad, I know).

Skype is the other technological advance that I am grateful for. We have an American phone number, so I can call people all I want - but there is something about seeing faces, talking to a room full of friends, watching gLee (I told you I would get around to it) with my girlfriend Ashli in real time, and letting the kids see their friends and relatives and vice versa that you just can't get with a regular old phone.

These two beaut's have made my life a lot nicer in Japan. So, for that, I am thankful.

No comments: