Tuesday, January 8, 2008

100

So I think this is my 100th post. I am mad I still have not gotten my holiday pictures downloaded but Patrick and I have been on a purging rampage that has occupied so much of my free time. It all started when we decided to move our computer/desk out of Evelyn's room and put it into our room. To do that, we needed to get rid of his old dresser (where our old tv was and he had 2 drawers of clothes). Since he was getting rid of that, I had to get rid of some of my dresser drawers to make room for him. So I went through my clothes and got rid of anything I haven't worn in over a year, things that were ripped or stained, and things that just didn't (and won't) fit. More than 1/2 of my wardrobe - gone. Shoes too. Then I had to do it for the kids also, since we got clothes for them from Christmas that just wouldn't shove into the closet because it was too full. So 1/2 of their stuff - gone. I have taken my stuff to a used clothing store and am waiting to get paid for some of it. The rest will be generously donated. The kids stuff is being sent to friends with kids that can benefit from them. Then they too will be eventually sold and donated. Patrick is pretty amazed that I am actually doing it, but is also annoyed at how long the process is taking me. He would have had it done - but I have a certain methodology to it - and I knew it would be 2+ weeks. We're almost there.
And since our old tv had to go - we used gift cards and some money from Christmas to purchase a flat screen for our room. It looks cool and we love it. We are really starting to settle in now (after 2.5 years).
Once I download pics I'll post them...

No comments: