Monday, October 8, 2007

World Card Making Day!


This past Saturday was World Card making Day, and to celebrate, I threw a "Cocktails, Cuisine and Cards" Party! It turned out great. It was more of an open house, where we sipped wine (or water), ate some mini quiches, and ate baklava (which was soooooooo good)! It was a crazy day though because I went to Leah's open house in the morning, Patrick had a soccer game and worked on the deck all day long, I had to clean and watch the kids before the party...yadda yadda yadda.

Those joining me at my house were Ashli, Michal, Julie, Leah, Cara, Jessica, Angie, Christa and Beth. It was the perfect number of guests for my small house! I demonstrated how to use one stamp set in multiple ways, showed off cards I received from the card swap at Leah's house, and some other ideas (scrapbook layouts, candy wrappers, cute gift ideas). Some people were new to SU while others had never heard before, so it was a good mix. Leah helped prod me along by asking questions when I forgot to mention a topic, and helped get people excited about joining a monthly club or hosting a workshop themselves! It was very helpful to have her there.

I am posting some of the cards I did....hope you like them!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Beautiful cards! I'm glad the night was a success.