Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hey Wait...

On December 31st, Patrick had to go in to the hospital to have an upper GI scope done. This is minor outpatient surgery - but they still dope you up good with meds. It is called awake sedation. The procedure lasts about 4 minutes and since he is a Doctor there, they took him right away so I didn't have to wait long for him to come back. He was wheeled away on a bed - since the drugs would make him woozy and disoriented. It was a different nurse wheeling him back, and she missed where I was sitting. All of a sudden Patrick pipes up and says, "Hey wait! She's mine. That is my first wife." I was cracking up..."she's mine." Some of you may know our inside joke about the first wife...but for everyone else...just know it is an endearing comment!

1 comment:

Jen said...

funny story! I hope all is well with Patrick. Hope to see you sometime soon!