Wednesday, October 24, 2007

One Giant Leap...

So for those of you following Potty Training 2007 here at the Bull house, we had a huge leap today! We had an intentional poop on the potty! Yes, that's right!!!

Yesterday we had one poopy pants - but no peepee pants! Today - again no peepee accidents but still one poopy...but it was different. He came up next to me (while I was on the phone) and did it. He got quiet, then I realized what was happening - threw down the phone - and sat him on the potty. It had already come out - but I expected more. But that didn't happen. Gavin went back to playing and about an hour later he came up to me again (while I was on the phone - ok, ok - I am on the phone too much) and said "Mommy, need poopies". So I immediately took him to the toilet and asked if he needed to poop. And he said YES!!!! So I sat him down, and he peed a little. So I asked if he was done, and he said "No - I need poopies". And then it happened! I never thought I would be as excited about someone else taking a dump - but it was the greatest feeling! One step closer to being diaper free for good! :-) He was so proud of himself - and he got 10 stickers so now he can buy a new movie or toy at the store tomorrow. He also told me he wants to poopy again tomorrow in the potty - so keep your fingers crossed!!!

2 comments:

Ashli said...

I am so jealous...

Mary said...

That's terrific! We'll join you...eventually.