Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day of thanks #22


Today I am grateful for the things we've handed down (PS - One of my favorite Marc Cohn songs). Things like clothes (like Evelyn wearing the old Penn State sweatshirt that used to be Gavin's), or genetics (like the fact that my kids both got blonde hair from Patrick as a kid). But I am specifically thankful for recipes that get handed down between friends and generations.

Tonight, I made the most delicious beef stew....a recipe from Patrick's mom. There are a few recipes that Patrick made it very clear that I need to learn...and this was one of them. So tonight, I used some file mignon steaks (screw that crappy beef stew meat), fresh local veggies and a yummy bottle of wine to make this stew. And it was fab-u-lous!!! And the rest of the wine went perfectly with it. Too bad Patrick had to go back into work - but at least he left with a huge tupperware container of it (but I took one for the team and drank his wine too).

3 comments:

Three Peas said...

are you going to share the recipe??! i am always looking for a great beef stew one. red wine is a must w/ it - completes the meal and brings all out the best flavors! (although not for me right now :))

Three Peas said...

thanks for the recipe! wow - 1 1/2 cups of wine - thank goodness alcohol cooks out so i can have it :) will try it next week...

Mary said...

Please share!