Thursday, October 14, 2010

What a privilege!?!?!?












Today I got to be a witness to something so beautiful and emotional, I feel it is such a privilege to witness. Our friends, the Smiths (Estella is my friend, Xavier is Gavin's friend and Hailey is Evelyn's partner in crime and baby Hannah is just a joy for us all) were welcoming their Daddy home from a 4 month deployment. It was great to know someone who was experiencing it - but it was just as emotional seeing people I didn't even know. There were girlfriends, kids, wives, husbands, co-workers, etc who were all so excited for the homecoming. The nerves and excitement were palpable. From the moment we could hear the plane until the families were reunited - it was such an amazing experience!
Some of the pictures are of the Smiths, but a lot of others are of people I don't know. It was great to show Gavin what real heroes look like!

1 comment:

WineLover said...

That is wonderful! I love seeing the news or videos of soldiers returning home. Always moves me to tears...