Saturday, October 2, 2010

birthday party and summer sweeps






I decided to throw the kids a birthday party about 2 weeks ago. I was able to book the indoor pool (with an inflatable obstacle course) so we invited all the boys from Gavin's class and all the girls at Evie's bus stop and a few more family friends. All-in-all, there were 18 kids! It was great to have such a fun party, even though it was our first one being away from family and friends. I was so grateful for everyone who came to help make it such a success. I did, however, feel a little lame since I am usually a HUGE party planner/thrower. This one didn't get as much attention as I usually would give - due to the little planning time and the crappy week leading up to it. I was able to get some cute kid favors and I remembered to order enough pizza. That's about all the energy I put into it :-) Which, in some ways was nice.

The next day we also had another fun day because the base had it's summer sweeps party. Lots of inflatables, free food, prizes, giveaways, Japanese Elvis impersonator...you know, the usual. The kids had a great day and we had fun relaxing and enjoying time together as a family.

No comments: