Sunday, August 29, 2010

Gavin's school





Today was Gavin's school's opening ceremony. I sometimes forget that we are in the military until we go to these special types of events. The classes sat together in the auditorium, did special stretches (a Japanese tradition to get blood flowing to the brain for learning power), and then sang the anthem. I get choked up every time I see all the military personnel saluting the flag and the kids holding their hands over their hearts. It has so much more meaning over here than in most places in the US (unfortunately). After that, the kids went to the classrooms and signed up for home visits with the teacher. They also got to meet their new friends in class. It was a quick meeting - but I still can't believe my baby is going to kindergarten!

No comments: