Saturday, December 6, 2008

First school party

Gavin got invited to his first party for a friend at school. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful and close knit friends here in Columbus, but I know that school friends are important too. Since Gavin had just started school when his birthday was here (and because we had 70 people) we did not invite anyone from school. Well, today we went to his friend Luke's house. There were 4 other kids invited from his class as well as 2 or 3 neighborhood friends. He had a blast! They did a fire truck theme - and played lots of games, and activities, and just had fun playing outside of school. It reminded me of when you start choosing your own friends instead of having them thrust upon you because of your parents are friends with their parents (although some of my lifelong friends are from our parents being friends). It was another realization that my baby boy is growing up - faster than I would like!

No comments: